1 April


At work, customers have personal identification numbers. Often they have to come to the front desk to be reminded what they are. I have been promising myself that on April Fools Day I will take a packet of pins to work. and when someone says "Excuse, I've forgotten my PIN" give them one.

And put up a notice saying "Please Do Not Read This Notice", obviously.

A while back we has an empty display cabinet. I made a little sign which read:

"THE HOLY GRAIL
Kindly loaned by Glastonbury Library
NOTE: Can only be seen by the pure in heart."

I don't think the boss got it. So I never  got around to the

"XAOH BIF SNAKE
Kindlt loaned by Bristol Zoo.
WARNING: Very poisonous. Do not allow out under any circumstances."

*

Things I will do when all this is over.

1: Exactly what I am doing at the moment, only with trips out to coffee shops.

Actually, I don't remotely need the trips out to coffee shops. All day writing, reading or watching movies with a 90 minute walk and some breaks for food suits me very well. I hope this does not put all the coffee shops out of business.

2: Exactly what I am doing at the moment, only visiting friends more often.

3: Totally change my way of thinking and become a more charitable and productive member of society 

3: Start going to gigs again.

I hear Edinburgh is officially off. Priddy and Sidmouth are still delaying the decision.

*

While the Very Nasty People are taking the "oh, just let the old folk die, they would probably have died soon anyway" line, I notice the actual doctors are increasingly defining "old" as "over 40". I really should stop reading the papers.

No comments: